The store was founded in 1943 by Garvin Whitt, and was later sold to Howard and May Walker under the name “The Time Shop.” In 1987, Billy Hammock purchased the store and changed the name to Creative Jewelers. At the time, the store was located at 113 North Seminary Street, but Billy moved into the current location at 216 North Court Street in 1997.
Creative Jewelers specializes in bespoke jewelry. Our full-time artists can custom design anything that you dream or desire. We always take walk-ins, or we can schedule a free consultation. During this time, we will sit down with the client and discuss what they want in their design, and offer any ideas or suggestions on the design. We use a CAD-based 3D imaging software to create all of our pieces, in the presence of the customer. They have creative control over every detail to make sure it’s exactly what they envisioned. Once we have achieved the look for their jewelry, we have the item manufactured in a few short weeks.